Growth Hormone Therapy in Maryland, Virginia, & Washington, DC
Many people think Growth Hormone Therapy (GH) is the answer to all their aging problems. Unfortunately, so do many clinics, especially chain clinics with standard approach protocols applied to anyone who comes through the doors. Yes, if you use GH you will feel an amazing difference within 3 months of treatment. Unfortunately it comes with a metabolic price if your overall physiology is not taken into consideration. Sometimes balancing your other hormones and micronutrients helps your body become more efficient in making your own GH. This is powerful to understand. We look upon balancing key hormones like testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and thyroid along with purposeful micronutrient replacement as being the foundation for your treatment. This alone decreases the need for GH therapy. GH is the most requested hormone in our clinic…GH is the hormone we find people need the least. However, if needed, we provide the most efficient and effective GH treatments focused on your health and prevention of disease.
We look upon balancing key hormones like testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and thyroid along with purposeful micronutrient replacement as being the foundation for your treatment. This alone decreases the need for GH therapy.
The Facts about Growth Hormone Therapy
- Growth hormone (GH) affects every system in the body.
- Many of the symptoms of GH deficiency overlap with imbalances in other hormones. Examples include fatigue, weight gain, inability to lose weight, libido, and insomnia.
- While the guidelines used to diagnose Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD) are rigorous, treatment is an option for those who meet specific criteria. We test those criteria.
- There are a growing number of treatment options available for increasing GH levels. The Metabolic Code Assessment helps you identify those options efficiently.
- Over-the-counter remedies and so called “Growth Hormone Stimulators” including those you may find online, are ineffective. The only documented way to increase GH levels is by prescription.
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GH OVER THE COUNTER BOOSTERS. THEY ARE MISLEADING YOU.
Methods of Treatment
- A deficiency in GH must be confirmed via lab testing, and a thorough evaluation of symptoms.
- If you are diagnosed with AGHD, our doctors can create a personalized treatment plan that will return GH to healthy levels, with regular monitoring thereafter.
- Pituitary stimulation is an approach to GH therapy that involves stimulating the pituitary to produce more of its own GH utilizing growth hormone stimulating peptides (also known as secretagogues). Peptides used include Sermorelin, GHRP-2, GHRP-6, and Ipamorelin. Replacing growth hormone is also an option, and can be considered if pituitary stimulation proves unsuccessful.
- The only way to administer GH is by nightly injection. Growth hormone stimulating peptides are also best taken by nightly injection, although some other methods of delivery are available.
- GH therapy is most effective when other hormones are balanced, and in conjunction with good lifestyle habits including a healthy diet, sufficient exercise, stress management, and adequate sleep.