A hormonal imbalance can be difficult to manage on your own. Because they play a significant role in bodily functions, seeing the best hormone doctor in Montgomery County, MD is better for your health.
Read on to learn how to find one and what you can expect.
What Exactly Do Hormones Do?
Simply put, they serve as the body’s chemical messengers by transmitting signals through the bloodstream and tissues. Hormones work slowly and influence various processes such as growth, metabolism (converting food into energy), sexual function, reproduction, and mood regulation.
How Do I Find the Best Hormone Doctor in Montgomery County, MD?
It is not difficult, but it is important to do research. Never settle for the first doctor you find! Follow these six steps to find the best hormone doctor in Montgomery County, MD:
- Get a referral. Talk to your primary care provider to find out if they know a board-certified hormone doctor in your area.
- Call your insurance carrier. Get details about your plan including copays and services that are and are not covered.
- Speak to people you trust. Family, friends, and co-workers can be great sources of information.
- Read feedback. Patient testimonials and reviews on social media pages help you get a sense of a doctor’s character and overall patient satisfaction.
- Schedule a consultation. Take advantage of this person meeting to ask questions, so you can assess the doctor’s approach and ensure it aligns with yours.
- Trust your instincts. Hormone therapy requires ongoing care and you should feel comfortable with any doctor you choose.
Turn to Atlantis Medical Wellness and Weight Loss for Hormonal Harmony!
Our team, led by Dr. Ben González, is excited to meet you and begin your journey to wellness.
To book your consultation, call us at 301-658-7686 today. Don’t forget to ask about financing options so you can take full advantage of all we have to offer!